DAY 5 TO POSITIVE
In our series, 7 days to positive, we have now reached Day 5 to positive. Since today is the fifth day I will offer 5 simple suggestions to greatly improve your attitude.
1. Be very aware of the words that come out of your mouth. Words carry weight in your mind as well as the mind of others. If you are constantly moaning about something you are going to be a victim of your feelings. Recently I injured my foot and complained as if I would never walk again. It was a simple injury but I blew it way of proportion. I started actually believing the negative words that I spoke.
2. Associate with positive people and ditch the negative ones. I can’t remember who said that “you are the sum total of the five people you associate with.” Have you ever been around a constantly negative personality. It not only is draining but it rubs off on us. Stay away from negative people.
3. Listen, on a regular basis to podcasts that boost productivity or stress positive attitude. Read books that build positive thoughts in your mind. The point here is to constantly fill your mind with things that are right, and noble, and true, and positive. ONe of my favorites books is the Bible. When I read the Word of God I can’t help but be positive.
4. Commit to your commitments. Make a pact with yourself that today, and forevermore you will do what you will say you will do. There is nothing more demoralizing than committing to something only to realize you didn’t follow through.
5. Do what you can with what you have and never stop dreaming. So may people get bogged down with the woes of today. You might be stuck in a draining job, but you must continue in it for a time. After all you have to pay bills, right? However never stop believing in your ability, with God’s help, to accomplish your dream. And remember, always set an action step.